2016 U.S Women's Climate Justice Initiative
Education and Advocacy Training Schedule:
- March 16, 2016 - Health and Climate Change: What Is At Stake, What Can Be Done?
FEATURING: Sylvia Hood Washington (Engineer, community organizer, Advisor to the Environmental Justice Advisory Board of the Illinois EPA and Editor in Chief of the Environmental Justice Journal), Pramilla Malick (Protect Orange County and Stop the Minisink Compressor Station), Cherri Foytlin (Idle No More Gulf Coast and the Mothers Project) and Perry Sheffield (Environmental Pediatrician and Public Health professional) - click here to view full speaker biographies
- April 5, 2016 - Direct Action and Non-Violent Civil Disobedience: Tools For Your Advocacy Work
FEATURING: Marla Marcum (Climate Disobediance Center), Molly Dorozenski (Greenpeace USA), representative of the Ruckus Society - click here to view full speaker biographies
- April 27, 2016 - Rights of Nature: Protecting and Defending the Places We Live (with a special focus on Keeping Fossil Fuels in the Ground)
FEATURING: Shannon Biggs (Movement Rights) and Osprey Orielle Lake (WECAN International) - click here to view full speaker biographies
- May 4, 2016 - Women for 100% Renewable Energy: From Installation to Advocacy
FEATURING: Wahleah Johns * to be confirmed * (Black Mesa Water Coalition), Diane Moss (Renewables 100 Policy Institute), Laura Porter (Co-Op Power) - click here for full speaker biographies
How To Participate:
All U.S training calls will be held at 10:00 am PST / 1:00 pm EST (USA time, please check your time zone to coordinate) on Zoom video, a free program similar to Skype.
To join a training, connect via phone call or internet using the directions below.
- Join via your computer, tablet or smart phone internet connection:
1. Click here to download the free Zoom program before the call
- Or join by phone: +1 646 558 8656 (US Toll) or +1 408 638 0968 (US Toll)
Meeting ID: 415 415 2016
Click here to learn more about the WECAN U.S Women's Climate Justice Initiative and explore blog posts on past trainings.