Central Florida Earth Day is an exciting day of colorful and educational exhibits and activities! It will take place at beautiful Lake Eola Park in downtown Orlando on April 23, 2016 from 10:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m. Admission is FREE! Earth Day is a family-friendly, dog-friendly, alcohol-free, and smoke-free event. Earth Day, now in its 11th year, is the biggest and best Earth Day festival in Central Florida!
Please RSVP on the Earth Day Event Facebook page and join the Earth Day Community Facebook page for regular updates about the event. And please share these pages with your family and friends.
Enjoy Speakers, Food Preparation Demonstrations, Environmental Education, Humane Education, Earth Kids Zone, Food, Artist Corner, Animal Haven, Music on band and acoustic stages, Mind Body Spirit, lots of other Activities, and many Earth-friendly Sponsors and Vendors. There are so many fun and interesting things happening at Earth Day you will want to stay all day!
The goals of Central Florida Earth Day are to:
- Inspire sustainable, humane, healthy, and equitable decisions at all levels, from the individual and local levels to the corporate, governmental and international levels
- Foster positive community-building in Central Florida and beyond
- Support businesses and NGOs that are making a positive difference in the world
- Promote all forms of creativity and artistic expression
- Provide knowledge, resources and inspiration to people of all ages through environmental and humane education
- Assist animals in need through homeless animal adoption
- Create access to and awareness of healthy, sustainable, and local vegan cuisine